HOW DO I GET THERE?
There are direct flights from the Stockholm Arlanda airport to Vaasa. The flight takes 1 h 15 min
There are direct flights from the Helsinki-Vantaa airport to Vaasa. The flight takes 1 h 5 min.
Inland flights to Vaasa are also made from Jyväskylä and Tampere.
The shortest boat trip from Sweden to Finland is via Ostrobothnia from Umeå to Vaasa, which is now done on the world’s most environmentally friendly new passenger ferry, Wasaline’s Aurora Botnia. Its engines run on liquefied natural gas or battery power, and it also has the capability to switch to biogas. Its emission level is below the IMO Tier III requirements, and it was almost entirely built in Finland. The ship serves locally produced Nordic delicacies. It has capacity for 800 passengers, and there is plenty of space on the car deck as well. The ship has a well-stocked shop, cabins with bathrooms, and several meeting rooms. There is a shuttle bus connection from the port to the city centre.
The trip from Umeå to Vaasa on Aurora Botnia takes 4 h 30 min. Wasalines has 1–2 departures a day, every day. The journey takes you through parts of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Kvarken Archipelago.
From Stockholm, Sweden, you can travel to the Port of Turku by, e.g., Viking Line and Silja Line ships. The trip from Stockholm to Turku takes about 11 hours.
The Helsinki Passenger Port is one of the largest in the world. You can arrive in Helsinki by boat from Stockholm, Sweden; from Tallinn, Estonia; from Travemünde, Hamburg and Bremerhaven, Germany; and from Rotterdam, Netherlands, as well as from numerous other European ports every week. The trip from Tallinn to Helsinki takes two hours at its fastest.
All passenger ships have excellent service facilities.
The Lapua railway station is in 600-metre walking distance from the Kosola House.
- The Tampere railway station has a direct connection to Lapua. Journey takes 1 h 20 min.
- From the Vaasa railway station, there is a connection to Lapua with one change in Seinäjoki. Journey takes 2 hours, on average.
- There is a direct connection to Lapua from the Helsinki railway station. Journey takes 3 h.
- There is a direct connection to Lapua from the Oulu railway station. Journey takes 3 h.
- From the Jyväskylä railway station, there is a connection to Lapua with one change in Tampere. Journey takes 3 h 30 min.
- From the Turku railway station, there is a connection to Lapua with one change in Tampere. Journey takes 3 h 45 min.
- There is a direct connection to Lapua from the Rovaniemi railway station. Journey takes 7 h.
All airports, ports and railway stations have car rental services available. You can rent a car in Lapua as well. The cars are provided with GPS navigation that works perfectly all over the country and always guides you to the right address. Finland has right-hand traffic.
Distances by road:
- Seinäjoki-Lapua 27 km (25 min)
- Vaasa-Lapua 83 km (1 h)
- Jyväskylä-Lapua 198 km (2 h 30 min)
- Tampere-Lapua 202 km (2 h 30 min)
- Oulu-Lapua 302 km (3 h 50 min)
- Turku-Lapua 321 km (3 h 50 min)
- Helsinki-Lapua 384 km (4 h 20 min)
- Rovaniemi-Lapua 506 km (6 h 20 min)